Friday, September 17
Come to the Burge Union at 1:00 pm to kick-off your family weekend! Pick up your welcome bag and begin your weekend adventure by learning about student services available for your KU student. Receive KU Dining and KU Bookstore coupons and visit with KU’s Information Technology, Union Programs and Student Affairs! Location: Burge Union.
For parking close to the Burge Union, the Allen Fieldhouse and Central District parking garages are available at an hourly rate. For more information on visitor parking, please click here.
Friday Open Houses Begin at 2:00 pm
- Center for Orientation & Academic Advising. Location: Summerfield Hall, Room 315. Please stop by the Centers for Orientation & Academic Advising Programs to learn more about how we support students through our offices: the Center for Orientation & Transition Programs and the Undergraduate Advising Center.
- Open Friday at the Spencer Museum of Art. Your art wish is our command. Visit the Goddard Study Center to request prints, drawings or photographs not currently on view or share your interests and let our staff select works for you. You can also drop in to enjoy works requested by other visitors. Space is limited. If we are at capacity, we invite you to explore the adjacent Brosseau Center installation "Cultivating Reciprocity" in conjunction with the 2021-2022 Common Book.
- Legal Services for Students Open House. Location: Burge Union, Room 2030. Welcome to our open house! Legal Services for Students provides students with free confidential legal advice, advocacy, preventative education, and representation from licensed, experienced attorneys. All Lawrence campus students who pay required campus fees are eligible for legal services at no additional cost. Law students and business school students also work at the office under the Legal and Tax Internship programs. Visit Legalservices.ku.edu for more information.
- Kenneth Spencer Research Library Open House. Please join us at Kenneth Spencer Research Library for an informal open house. Enjoy sweeping views of campus while you chat with librarians, explore exhibits, and discover stories from KU's past through a special display of documents, photos, and artifacts.
- Student Involvement and Leadership Center, Fraternity and Sorority Life, and Center for Sexuality and Gender Diversity Open House. Location: Kansas Union, Room 400.
- The Emily Taylor Center Open House. Location: Burge Union. The Emily Taylor Center for Women and Gender Equity welcomes all Jayhawks and their families to our center for a casual open house.
- School of Journalism and Mass Communications Open House. Location: Stauffer-Flint Hall. Drop by the School of Journalism and Mass Communications in Stauffer-Flint Hall to tour our renovated facilities and talk with faculty and staff. Families can learn about our academic programs, career and internship opportunities, campus media outlets and student services.
- Academic Retention and Engagement Center Family Weekend Open House. Location: Summerfield Hall, Room 350. The Academic Retention and Engagement Center serves as a resource center for students that identify as first-generation college students, working class, students of color or undocumented students. This office also supports students in the Multicultural Scholars Program, Hawk Link Program, OPTIONS program, KC Scholar scholarship recipients and Hispanic Development Fund Scholarship Recipients. Come meet the staff and enjoy a sweet treat to celebrate the accomplishments of our amazing students.
- Office of Multicultural Affairs Open House. Location: Sabatini Multicultural Resource Center.
Stop by the Sabatini Multicultural Resource Center (SMRC) to meet the staff of the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA)! Learn more about the OMA and our mission, our programs and trainings, and check out the SMRC which is open to students throughout the week. Hope to see you there!
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Education Center. Location: Burge Union, Room 1030.
- SAPEC will provide a general information about our gender based violence prevention programming done at KU and share examples of programs available to students.
- Watkins Health Services Family Weekend Open House. Location: Watkins Health Services.
- Ensembles at KU School of Music. Location: Murphy Hall (3rd floor lobby).
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Welcome. Location: 2001 Eaton Hall. The EECS faculty & staff will be available to meet students and families.During this time students & families can ask questions about the department, programs, careers/internships, graduate school, etc.
- KU Libraries - Watson Library | Anschutz Library: Please join us at Watson Library at 2:30 pm for an informal open house where you can meet librarians, learn about library resources, and tour library spaces. Refreshments will be provided.
- Tour the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center: Stop by the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center to take a tour and see all the fun, engaging opportunities to stay well while getting your degree at KU. Ambler is also offering free guest passes to parents of currently enrolled KU Students to workout together!
KU v. Missouri State volleyball game @ 7:00PM: tickets can be purchased through the ticket office or kuathletics.com
Saturday, September 18
- Family Weekend Mix & Mingle with KU Alumni & Endowment. Location: Kansas Union, Big XII and Jayhawk Rooms. 11:00 am - 12: 00 pm.
Please join the KU Alumni Association and KU Endowment Association for a family mix and mingle where you can meet other KU families, and enjoy complimentary cookies and refreshments. Come and go as you please, but be sure to stick around to hear from KU Provost, Barbara Bichelmeyer, from 11:15 a.m-11:30 am. Feel free to bring your student(s) with you to meet fellow Jayhawks. Food quantities are limited.
- KU v. Baylor football game @ 2:30PM .
$20 discounted tickets for the KU Family Weekend football game can be purchased through KU Athletics, call 785-864-3141 or visit http://fevo.me/familyday2021 . Tickets are general admission and will be located in the student section for families to sit with their students. This link also includes a $20 Family Day tailgate package that families can purchase that includes a tailgate on the hill, plus food and drink provided by Chick-Fil-A.
Additional Events in Lawrence
- Art in the Park– Saturday, September 18th and Sunday, September 19th.
- Get your tickets to The Magic of Bill Blagg Live! Tickets are on sale at the lied.ku.edu.
- Q: Do I have to register for Family Weekend?
- A: No, but you will need to purchase football tickets if you would like to attend the game. There is also no need to register for the Info Fair in the Union.
Q: Do I have to buy my student a ticket to the game if they have the All Sports Package? Can I sit with my student?
A: Your student will already have a ticket to the game if they have the All Sports Package; they will need to print their ticket. You may sit with your student. Discounted football tickets are General Admission.
Q: Do I have to buy my student a ticket to the tailgate?
A: Yes. Each person attending the tailgate will need to purchase a ticket.
Any ticketing related questions, contact Kyle Zerr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Where can we park our car on Saturday?
A: Please pay attention to marked parking restrictions on campus. You may park around town and take a game day shuttle to campus. You may find more information on campus parking here and information on the shuttle, here.
Q: When will game time be announced?
A: Game time will be announced closer to the date. Go Hawks!
Q: What is there to do on family weekend?
A: Family weekend is a relatively unstructured opportunity for your student to show you around campus and Lawrence. Please check out the links below to plan your weekend.
Q: Where can we eat on campus?
A: There will be a tailgate set up on the backside of the Kansas Union before Saturday's game where you may purchase food. You may also purchase food inside the Football Stadium. Residence Hall Dining options are also open on the weekends. Don't forget to stop by KU Endowment's tailgate tent for free cookies, water and give aways. They will be near the Hawk Zone on the practice fields, located on the Southeast corner of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium.
Q: Where can I find information for games days?